The Cuyahoga Valley Genealogical Society (CVGS) supports the activities of the Cuyahoga County Lineage Group (CCLG).
The Cuyahoga County Lineage Group is organized to recognize and honor ancestors who settled in Cuyahoga County at various periods in the county’s history. There are three lineage categories:
- Cuyahoga County Pioneers, for those ancestors proved to reside in Cuyahoga County prior to 31 December 1850.
- Cuyahoga County Settlers, for those ancestors proven to reside in Cuyahoga County from 1 January 1851 to 31 December 1880.
- Cuyahoga County Centurions, for those ancestors proven to reside in Cuyahoga County from 1 January 1881 to 31 December of the current calendar year.
Applicants must be a direct line. The applicant does not need to reside in Cuyahoga County or be member of one of the sponsoring genealogy organizations. All applications need to be received by 31 December of the current year.
Sponsoring genealogical organizations are:
- Brooklyn Genealogy Club
- Computer Assisted Genealogy Group (CAGG)
- Cuyahoga Valley Genealogical Society
- East Cuyahoga County Genealogical Society
- Greater Cleveland Genealogical Society
- Jewish Genealogy Society, Cleveland, Ohio, Inc.
- Northeast Ohio Computer-Aided Genealogy Society, Inc (NEOCAG)
- Western Reserve Historical Society, Genealogical Society.